Request for allocation

Please fill out the form below for requesting a new allocation.

Note the following for allocations and new users:

  1. Only one initial allocation is allowed per group per year.
  2. Any faculty member at any Pitt department may apply for a start-up allocation of 10,000 SU on the CRC cluster. The application form can be filled by the faculty member him/herself or one of his/her students or postdocs, in which case faculty member is notified via email.
  3. Once an initial allocation is made, the 10,000 SU will be renewed yearly.
  4. You may have as many users as you like associated with a given allocation, but it is up to you to internally manage how much of the allocation is used by whom and for which project.
  5. New users can be added to an active allocation at any given time. If want to add new users, do not use the form below. Instead please request via a [sc name="support ticket" ]. It is ok to ask for multiple user accounts in one ticket.
  6. For a new allocation request, in the "project description" section, please make sure to indicate the computational features to the best you can: what software application(s) are used? Do you have parametric studies (many small jobs), or large parallel jobs? If parallel, how many CPUs are used simultaneously per job? Is it shared or distributed memory parallel? etc.
  7. If you need beyond 10,000 SU, you should provide a 2 page pdf. For more information, please see Guidelines for Allocation Proposals.
  8. In case your proposal get accepted, please acknowledge CRC support and add the generated publication to our doi tracker. Otherwise your allocation won't be renewed for another cycle.
    • To Acknowledge center in your research papers, please visit the acknowledge page.
    •  To add your publications, you can easily add them via our doi tracker (login restrcited). These research papers must also be referenced in the renewal allocation proposal.

Please use the provided template if you want to have your allocation proposal considered. You can access it from here. Examples of well-written allocation proposals are also provided to help you prepare successful documents: Example 1 and Example 2.

Thank you for your interest in the CRC HPC resources,