Intel Developer Tools Workshop
CRC hosted an online training by Intel on their Developer Tools for students, researchers, developers, and scientists who want to learn to work with Intel HPC resources using the latest Intel Developer Tools. The session focused on Intel Parallel Studio with topics including Intel C++ and Fortran Compilers, Intel MPI, Math Kernel Library, and oneAPI. You can view excerpts of the presentations below.
- Intel C++ Compiler and Intel Fortran Compiler: Create code that takes advantage of more cores and built-in technologies in platforms based on Intel® processors. Compile and generate applications for Windows*, Linux*, and macOS*. This compiler integrates seamlessly with popular third-party compilers, development environments, and operating systems. Build high-performance applications by generating optimized code for Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and Intel® Core™ processors. Boost Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) vectorization and threading capabilities (including for Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 instructions) using the latest OpenMP* parallel programming model
- Intel MPI Library: Intel® MPI Library is a multifabric message-passing library that implements the open-source MPICH specification. Use the library to create, maintain, and test advanced, complex applications that perform better on high-performance computing (HPC) clusters based on Intel® processors.
- Develop applications that can run on multiple cluster interconnects chosen by the user at run time.
- Quickly deliver maximum end-user performance without having to change the software or operating environment.
- Achieve the best latency, bandwidth, and scalability through automatic tuning for the latest Intel® platforms.
- Reduce the time to market by linking to one library and deploying on the latest optimized fabrics.
- Intel MPI Tuning, Intel® MPI Library provides a tuning utility mpitune, which allows you to automatically adjust Intel® MPI Library parameters, such as collective operation algorithms, to your cluster configuration or application.
- ITAC, understand MPI application behavior across its full runtime.
- Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL)
- Accelerate math procession routines, increase application performance and reduce development time. MKL includes: Linear algebra, fast Fourier Transforms (FFT) Vector statistics and data fitting, vector math and miscellaneous solvers
- oneAPI is a cross-industry, open, standards-based unified programming model that delivers a common developer experience across accelerator architectures for faster application performance, more productivity, greater innovation. The oneAPI industry initiative encourages collaboration on the oneAPI specification and compatible oneAPI implementations across the ecosystem.