These hands-on workshops will cover the following topics, with dates and times. Please let us know which workshops you’ll be attending. All workshops will be held 1-4pm Thursdays in Room 311A in Schenley Place, 4420 Bayard Street.
- Thursday Jan. 18, 1-4PM: Cluster Training. Our annual cluster training workshop will go over the new hardware, modules, and queuing system. We will present some useful concepts for computations using SLURM, including queuing many small jobs as one job, using the scratch space, and trapping exit codes for restarts.
- Thursday Feb. 8, 1-4PM: Introduction to R. Hands-on training on the R language syntax, how to run R code on the cluster, and strategies for parallelizing and debugging R code.
- Thursday Feb. 22, 1-4PM: R for Genomics
- Thursday March 8, 1-4PM: Advanced R
- Thursday March 29, 1-4PM: Guided Tour of Python through Jupyter
- Thursday April 12, 1-4 PM: Development Tools: Building Software, Build Tools, Version Control, and Debugging