Data Storage Guidelines
Pitt CRC’s new ~ 1PB usable storage is available to all clusters, based on the iXsystems storage solution.
Our formal policy for data storage charges on the system is as follows:
- There is no charge for data storage up to 5 TB per PI.
- Above the free 5 TB, there will be a charge of $65 per TB per year. These are subsidized rates. Extra storage is available in 5TB increments. To purchase extra storage, please submit a ticket specifying how much extra storage you need.
- CRC's 1.6 PB bgfs (BeeGFS) parallel file system has been fully allocated and we cannot accept new users. If you have an existing allocation on bgfs you can continue to use the system.
- The ZFS storage system has been fully allocated and we cannot accept new users. If you have an existing allocation on ZFS you can continue to use the system.
- Restoring Accidentally Deleted Files. Both ixSystems and ZFS keep snapshots for up to 7 days. Submit a help ticket to restore data from snapshots. Snapshots are not available for bgfs.
- PIs and users of Center for Research Computing (CRC) computational resources are not allowed to install or use any software or data that are under protected control, such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or Personally Identifiable Information (PII) without explicit approval. If you have any questions, or think you may be loading protected data, please contact the CRC at firstname.lastname@example.org.