The University of Pittsburgh Center for Research Computing (CRC) is searching for a Technical Lead to manage our High Performance Computing (HPC) resources, comprising more than 9000 cores, including an MPI sector, an SMP sector, a high throughput sector, a GPU sector, and storage. The position’s main responsibility is to assure proper operation of Pitt’s hardware and software infrastructure, which will involve building positive relationships with CRC faculty and users as well as personnel from the University’s Network Operations Center (NOC).
You will be joining a team of dedicated consultants who advance leading-edge research by focusing on growing the productivity of Pitt researchers through the application of advanced computing. We support research in fields such as engineering, chemistry, genomics, biostatistics, economics, and linguistics, among many other areas. Your efforts will be supporting a world-renowned teaching and researching faculty.
Among your responsibilities, you will be expected to:
- Troubleshoot CRC hardware and software issues
- Follow hardware developments in advanced research computing and networking
- Maintain software updates to the operating system (RHEL), provisioning (Warewulf), and queuing (Slurm)
- Maintain and improve Slurm configurations and user experience using the cluster
- Maintain CRC user-facing ticketing system, including:
- Adding and moving users
- Assisting users with questions (delegating when it makes sense)
- Work with CRC faculty to maintain and build application services such as JupyterHub, OpenOnDemand, and CLCBio
- Advise CRC management on the acquisition of new hardwar
This position calls for at least three years of experience in HPC or related field. Knowledge of Linux, provisioning such as Warewulf, and scheduling systems such as SLURM. Familiarity with MPI and OpenMP programming. Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Bash, C++ or similar. Familiarity with interconnect technologies like Infiniband, Omnipath and Gigabit Ethernet.
For more information and to apply, go to: https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_staff_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=19002579&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York